If you’re looking for something fun to do in the months between the winter holidays ending and summer beginning, look no further than the Winter Carnival in Harvard Square in Boston! This event began on Jan. 9 and runs all the way until March 8, with tons of events and activities taking place throughout the eight weeks of fun.
Activities include live music, chocolate, chili, great food, celebrities, the Chinese New Year, promotions, discounts and more. As your Boston real estate agent, I’ve put together a guide here, with some of the best events to mark in your calendar!
1. Want a really great workout for free? You can get a complimentary five-day pass to Wellbridge Athletic Club during the duration of Winter Carnival, which is located right in Harvard Square. You can use their indoor pool, weight training and cardio rooms, or take complimentary classes, like yoga or cycling.
2. Catch a Boston Opera Collaborative showing of “Les Lettres de Wether,” a re-telling of the story Werther, on Jan. 15 or 16 at Edward M. Pickman Concert Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tickets only cost $25 for this fresh take on a classic story.
3. Is your skin taking a beating from the cold? Stop into Origins Harvard Square between now and Jan. 17 for a free mini facial! They’ll also be giving away a free facial tool and sample with any purchase. Then from Jan. 23 to 31, you’ll receive free hot chocolate and chocolate cookies while getting a makeup application.
4. Legal Sea Foods Charles Square has deemed Jan. 15 Chowda Day! That day, you can order a cup of New England Clam Chowder for only $1 with purchase of an entrée.
5. Taste of Chocolate Festival takes place Jan. 23 through 25 and is definitely one to mark down in the books! Local restaurants will feature chocolate appetizers, entrees, desserts, cocktails and more while you enjoy all the chocolate you could ask for! This takes place in Brattle Plaza.
6. On Jan. 31, bundle up and head to Brattle Plaza in Harvard Square for the 7th Annual ‘Some Like it Hot’ Chili Cook-Off! From 1 to 2:30 p.m., Harvard Square’s finest chefs will be cooking batches of chili for you to sample and vote on. You get a bunch of free chili right before Super Bowl Sunday!
7. On Feb. 15, celebrate Valentine’s Day a date late at the Delicious & Divine: A Chocolate & Wine Affair Class at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education. You’ll learn the history of romance and chocolate and why the two often go together, and you’ll learn how to match your favorite chocolates with the correct types of wine. This is from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, check out the Harvard Square website. It is so awesome to have a winter carnival that lasts this long! It takes away the idea that winter months are dull. There is never a dull moment in Boston!
Want to live in Boston? Ready to buy a Boston home? Contact me, your Boston real estate agent! I’d love to help you out.